Saturday, October 9, 2010

10k PR in Rocky Mount and a trip to DC


This blog is a tad late...  but on Sept 11th, I ran in the Golf Club at Rocky Mount 10k race (formerly Ford's Colony).  The weather this year was great!  Jon was sidelined, after injuring his back a couple of weeks prior, and was advised by the doctor not to run.  Given the perfect race conditions, he was disgusted at not being able to participate!  I know he would have slaughtered it. 

This was one of those races, where I started out a little too fast, trying to keep up with the crowd.  Michael had put me in Wave 1, which was embarrassing because I'm not a fast runner and everyone in that wave passed me.  LOL!  So right from the start, I became winded and thought I may have a bad day.  But I kept with it, pushing as hard as I could, and I ended up with a PR of 55:00! 

It's one of the few races where I've actually pushed myself to the point of being winded the whole time, and it paid off!
______________________________________________________________

The following weekend, Jon and I took a quick trip to DC to see a Rush concert, which was awesome...  as are all of their performances.  We had fantastic seats!!  For what Jon paid for them, we certainly should have...  I think we were 10 rows back.




The next day, we drove into the city and went to the Natural History museum.  I'd never been to any of the Smithsonians before, so this was a real treat for me!  Here is a link to some pics taken at the museum:

Click here: DC Pics

Afterwards, we drove into the Adams Morgan neighborhood and went to Pizza Mart for a jumbo slice of pizza.  The story on this, is I'd seen this place on the Travel Channel, on a show called Food Wars.  This joint, plus another local place just up the street, were going head to head on who had the best jumbo slice.  So being in DC, I just had to try one!  I've never seen a slice so big, and I must say it tasted pretty damn spectacular.

After eating something this authentic, the local Pizza Inn just doesn't cut it.  Click the pic to make it larger...  can't you just taste it?  Yummmmmmmmmm   :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment