Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!

.....  and what better way to start the new year than with a run!  Albeit a short one, it was a lot of fun and it was different from any I've run before, since it began at midnight!




New Years Eve, 722 total runners counted down to midnight and ran 3.2 miles thru Tanglewood Park in Clemmons, NC, at the annual Running of the Lights.  It was a paved course (that you normally would drive on) that took you on a loop thru the park.  Parts of the race, there was nothing but moonlight lighting the way, which was an odd feeling!  Other parts, you ran along side and thru numerous lighted displays...  it was pretty neat.

Jon and I both set out for a nice, easy going run, where we could enjoy looking at the displays and not try to break any speed records.  LOL!  As if I would anyway.  :)

We both had chip times of 31:02, which was a 9:42 pace.  Not too bad....  and all things considered, it was a challenging little course!  There were several ups and downs and one really long, climbing hill that I actually decided to walk.  The cold night air had my chest hurting a bit, so I took it easy on this part.

It was a bit of a drive for such a short race...  but was a lot of fun and something different that I enjoyed.  I hope ringing in the new year with a run sets the pace for a great year!

1 comment:

  1. Amber . . . sorry I missed this post! Didn't know you guys did this one. Bet it was a fun time!

    ReplyDelete