Wednesday, January 19, 2011

2011 Races

With 2011 quickly moving along, I thought I'd do a list of races we have on schedule for this year....

Back in December, the RMEC did a blog to list your 2011 racing goals.  My two were to get a PR in a half marathon distance and to complete a Warrior Dash! 

February -
Sweetheart 5k

March -
Roanoke Canal Half Marathon
Tobacco Road Half Marathon (looking for that PR here)

April -
Tarboro 5k
Tarheel 10- Miler

May -
Fun Run for Charities 10k
Bright Night 5k

June -
Boogie Marathon

July -
Beaufort Road Race 10k

August -
Warrior Dash in Huntersville, NC

September -
Hinson Lake 24 hr Run (looking for my first Ultra distance here)

October -


November -


December -


I have a couple of open months with no races that I'm looking to fill with something.  We are hoping to return to Las Vegas around our anniversary this year, and if so, may pick up the Las Vegas Half Marathon. 

Last year, I did 4 marathons.  Right now, I only have 1 on the schedule (not counting the 24 hr run) so I'm looking for at least one more marathon.  Maybe in the Oct/Nov timeframe.

2 comments:

  1. Already looking forward to your first anniversary. That is wonderful. Sounds like you have a wonderful year planned. I will see you at the Boogie and I know come September at Hinson Lake, you will put your first ultra under your belt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A few more to think about . . . Medoc Meltdown, Medoc Marathon and Bay's Mountain . . .

    ReplyDelete